March 7, 2014 128
1: characteristic of or prevalent in a particular field, area or environment
2: restricted or peculiar to a
locality or region
1. Beginning on Monday, students will have the opportunity to sign up for Distance
Education classes from the NSU E-Learning Center for the 2014-15 school year.
The courses are offerd as DDN courses, Online Courses and Learning Power AP
courses. AP courses include Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, English Language
and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Physics 1, and Statistics.
The online courses include: AP U.S. History, Chemistry, College Prep Physics,
and Pre-Calculus. See Mr. Vlasman if you have an interest in any of these courses
or would like additional information. Registration runs from March 10th to March 14th.
Classes may not be dropped if there are not sufficient students enrolled.
2. Thank you to all of the students and staff that have helped the student council with the
Pennies for Patients Fund Raiser. Donations will be picked up and collected today so that
class totals can be figured.
3. Teachers are reminded to e-mail lesson plans and eligibility reports today. Teachers are
to make sure that their 3rd quarter grades are posted no later than Tuesday of next week
so that report cards can be printed next Wednesday. Students are to be aware that they
will not have grades for classes where they have incompletes and work that is still owed.
Students will want to make sure this is not the case at the end of the 4th quarter and the
Breakfast for Monday: Breakfast Pizza
Tuesday March 4, 2014
1: an authoritative order : command
2: an urgent prompting
Dakota Christian at Platte-Geddes (Platte)
J. Gemar, Heinz
1. Good luck to the Nighthawk men as they take on the Corsica-Stickney Jaguars
tonight. Students have requested that all students attending the game wear pink
in support of Mrs. Fousek and the team as they play this district semi-final. The
bus leaves as 5:30 and game time is at 7:00 p.m. in Corsica. We are running a
sign up sheet for a fan bus. We need a minimum of 20 students to sign up and
ride to make it possible to take a fan bus. The sign up list is in the upstairs library
and a decision will be made by the start of the 7th hour today. The cost is $ 5 to
ride the bus to Corsica and back and the cost of the game is $ 4 per student.
2. Wagner has notified us that they will be holding lifeguard and lifeguard recertification
classes for young people that may need those certifications for summer employment.
Class size is limited, so if you are interested please contact Nicole Bentz by phone at
402-394-7211 or by e-mailing email@example.com for more information about
registering for the classes. The classes run March 12, 14, 15. 17, and 19th and
April 9, 11, 12, 13, and 16th.
3. The One Act Play will be performed at 7:30 p.m. in the high school gym on Thursday
night. The Student Council will take free will donations to support the Pennies for Patients
Fundraiser to assist young people in our region that are fighting leukemia. The parents'
After Prom Committee will meet in the school commons area immediately after the one
act play concludes.
4. Students interested in playing in the 3 on 3 basketball tournament that is being run by
Shane Koster of Armour as a fundraiser for Autism Awareness should be aware of
the following. The office has an injury-waiver form that would need to be picked up
and signed by parents in order for students to participate. Teams for students in
grades 3 through 9 are to register between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m. and 10th grade and up
to register between 11:30 - 12:00 on march 15th at the Armour HS gym.
Breakfast for Wednesday: Pancakes
Monday March 3, 2014 124
Word of the Day: fraught \FRAWT\ adjective
1: full of or accompanied by something specified - used "with"
2: causing or characterized by emotional
distress or tension
1. As we begin the 2nd week of the Pennies for Patients fundraiser, we have extended
cap day to any day this week. You can pay by the day for pay for the entire week.
Thanks to the student council and the students that participated in the Sprite shoot last
Friday afternoon. We encourage you to continue to contribute to your individual class
collections. Silver and dollars do not count against your total as we will take the total of
all coins and cash contributed to determine the winning clases.
2. The Jr. High boys will practice on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday of this week in the
gym that is opposite of high school boys' pracitice.
3. This Friday is the deadline for registering for the April ACT exam.
4. Seniors - The office has received items that you have ordered from Josten's. Seniors
can pick up their items once the blance due has been paid. the following have balances
due: Rochelle, Giga, david, Kiana, and Zbynek. Stop by the office to get your information
on the amount owed.
5. Good luck to the Nighthawk men as they travel to the semi-finals of District 11 B tomorrow.
Our players, cheerleaders and team personnel are to be at the school at 5:30 and will pick
up the Armour students at 6:00. Game time is 7:00 p.m.
6. Available 7 - 12 teachers are asked to attend a short teachers' meeting in Mr. Vlasman's office
at 3:40 this afternoon.
Breakfast for Tuesday: Sausage Patty