Monday May 12, 2014
: to act in a subservient manner, submit
Famous Birthdays: Tony Hawk, Florence Nightingale, Shawn Goehring,
1. Good luck to our track students as they participate in the Ft. Radall Conference
Track meet tomorrow. Track students are to leave at 11:45 with Coach Dozark.
There is no track practice this afternoon.
2. Congratulations to the cast of the All School Play and Mrs. Hopkins on their performances
on Friday and Saturday night. The play was very entertaining and well received by the
audiences on both nights.
3. We extend our sympathy to Mrs. Hopkins and her family on the passing of her brother over
the weekend. The thoughts and prayers of our staff and students are with you during this
time of loss.
4. We extend our best wishes to Giga as he finishes his last day with us as a Tripp-Delmont
Nighthawk. We have enjoyed having you here as a member of the student body and wish
you safe travel and all the best as you return home to Georgia.
5. Teachers are reminded that our Academic Awards presentation is this Thursday night. Please
work with the office and Mrs. Fousek to make sure that you have any needed certificates or
pins ready to go for that night.
6. All staff members participating in the school district health insurance plan are to attend a
meeting in the downstairs computer lab at 3:40 today to be updated on changes for the
2014-15 school year.
Breakfast for Tuesday: Biscuits & Gravy
Wednesday May 7, 2014
1: to constrain by physical, moral, or legal force or by the exigencies of
2: a: to earn the gratitude of
b: to do a favor for or do something as a favor
1. Good luck to our Jr. High track students as they compete tomorrow at the Corsica-Stickney
invitational. Jr. High track students are scheduled to depart at 12:45 for the track meet
dependent upon weather.
2. Available teachers in grades 6 - 12 are asked to meet at 3:35 in Mr. Vlasman's office tomorrow
afternoon to review scheduling for semester tests.
Breakfast for Thursday: Muffins
Tuesday May 6, 2014
: one that serves as an inspiration,model, or guide
1. Good luck to the TDA Nighthawks as they compete
in the LMV
2. All seniors and 8th grade students are to make plans to be here the last
period of the day on Friday for graduation rehearsal. Seniors should make
arrangements with Mrs. Fousek to get a group picture in your caps and
gowns for the graduation program.
3. A meeting is scheduled for Thursday afternoon for those boys that will be in
high school next year that plan to go out for basketball. Boys that were on the
team this year or that plan to go out next year are to be dismissed at 3:00 to
leave with Coach Semmler to go to Armour. You should return around 4:30.
If you were out for basketball this year and still have your jersey, you are to
bring it to the meeting and turn it in to Coach Holbeck.
Breakfast for Wednesday: Breakfast Cookie
Monday May 5, 2014
: an imparactical schme for social improvement
1. Good luck to the TDA Jr. High track team members
as they compete in
2. Congratulations to our students, Mrs. Finck and Mr. Schneider on a successful
elementary music contest this last Friday. We also wish to thank the parents involved
in music boosters for all their work serving lunch and supporting the music department.
We would also like to recognize the following studetns that took the initiative and pride
in our school to clean up garbage that had been left on our playground after the music
contest was wrapping up. Those students were Joplin Johnson, Morgan Gemar, Dakota
Kertiss, Lacey Goeken, Christy Schmidt and Mandy Oleson.
3. Good luck to our varsity golf team members as they participate in the pre-region tournament
in Mitchell today as a preparation for the Regional tournament this Friday.
4. An informational program on hosting foreigh exchange students will be held at 7:00 p.m. on
Wednesday night. This meeting is open to parents and community members that might want to
consider hosting an exchange student next year or in coming years. Tripp-Delmont had two
foreign exchange students this year and it has been a great experience for our students and
5. Teener baseball practice will be held at 6:00 p.m. tonight. Coach Gemar encourages all students
that are interested to show up as the numbers are right at the point needed to field a team. One
or two players can make the difference in terms of having or not having a team. If you would like
to play, but can't make the practice tonight, stop by and visit with Coach Gemar just to let him know
that you would like to participate.
6. Congratulations to the Junior class members on doing a great job decoarating and organizing prom
this year. Thank you to our teachers that provided supervision during the dance and to our parents
that were involved in hosting the after prom party this year.
Breakfast for Tuesday: Omelets